Lovely news: Student SLT Sarah Buckley Therapies Grant

Hello there, thank you very much for popping by.

This is a really fun and exciting post for me today, because I get to share some really lovely news with you all! Yay!


I am so delighted to have been selected for one of Sarah Buckley Therapies minor student Speech and Language Therapists (SLTs) grants this year! It is a fantastic opportunity, and I want to send a huge thank you to Sarah Buckley & her team.


Writing my application was a really great chance for me to summarise my student SLT career so far, and to reflect on what I have achieved. Happily, I was very pleasantly surprised! It's so easy to get caught up in the busy uni terms, assignments and general life - and it's always a good time to take stock of what you have accomplished.


I think it's true for everyone that you have always done more (and better) than you think, and one of my favourite quotes sums this up quite nicely:


“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think..."
― A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh



I am so excited to plan some continuing professional development (CPD) with my grant, I have a few ideas and will update you all when I have settled on a course (or two). At the moment I have my eye on doing an Alternative, Augmented Communication (AAC) course, a Makaton course, and an Attention Autism course - probably not all at once! I am very grateful for the support from an independent SLT clinic, that will enable me to attend some really interesting and useful training.

Sarah Buckley Therapies (SBT) offer tailor-made speech and language therapy services to schools across the southeast of London, and this is the second year they have generously offered their Student SLT Grants, It is such wonderful way of supporting student SLTs in their CPD as well as providing opportunities for mentoring and networking. I would highly recommend to all first and second year SLT's that are interested in CPD to apply for SBT's student grants, the support I have already received from Sarah has been so valuable. It really is a wonderful opportunity. You can follow SBT on Facebook and Twitter too!


Announcement tweet from SB Therapy
I would love to congratulate to all the other amazing recipients too, you’re all fab and it's wonderful to be in such good company.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my news, it really does mean a lot that you've taken the time out of your day to pop over and have a nosey. I will hopefully be back soon with another post, I have lots of lovely and exciting posts that are in the works - so watch this space!


As always, I would love to catch up with you so please don't hesitate to pop me a comment, find me on twitter, ping me an email or find me on LinkedIn
In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely rest of your day! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A post about leadership...with the CoD Student Leadership Programme

University and Chronic Illness: Introducing Pippa Stacey

Lovely news: Giving Voice Awards 2019

Introducing: A World with Friends (formally known as Friend Finder)